Our congregation offers regular opportunities for fellowship (with lots of good food, of course!) so that members can build friendships and a sense of community. Besides the activities listed below, you may also go to a list of current posts.
Coffee Time after Sunday Services
All members and friends are invited to assemble around the coffee table in the courtyard after both Sunday worship services. Members provide snacks for this fellowship opportunity and all voluntary donations go toward our World Hunger Appeal.
Wednesday Night Dinners
The best meal in town is served up in CTK’s parish hall for just $7 ($5 for children) each Wednesday of the school year. Members and friends are invited to join us starting at 5:30 to share a delicious full-course dinner prepared by our own volunteer chefs or grab a quick pizza-by-the-slice. After the meal you can participate in one of the multiple educational and music programs designed for all ages, or you can just hang out and enjoy the good fellowship
A little known fact, but hardly a surprising one, is that those ladies who can sew such beautiful quilts can also whip up a slew of gourmet delights. And at least once a month they put together a luncheon worthy of the cover of Southern Living. Piecemakers welcomes newcomers who want to learn how to quilt, and they promise to feed you well for your effort!
Friday Morning Bible Study always begins at 10:00 in the narthex with thirty minutes of socializing and snacks. Members rotate the task of providing refreshments—everything from cheese grits to chocolate babka! This is a great chance to catch up with old friends and meet new ones before settling down with Pr. Larson to study the readings for the coming Sunday.
During the course of the church calendar year, we celebrate many special occasions.
- An Easter Breakfast and Celebration is held between the two Sunday morning Easter services. We host a traditional potluck breakfast, an Easter egg hunt for our little ones, and an opportunity to “flower the cross.”
- A Pentecost Picnic is celebrated on Pentecost Sunday each year. We assemble after the 10:50 AM service for lunch, followed by fun and games. Volunteers help with decorations, planning games and activities, and organizing food and drink service.
- Rally Day is held on the Sunday before Labor Day weekend. This event marks the beginning of the new Sunday Church School year. Breakfast tacos are provided, bibles are presented to our third grades, and children, youth, and parents meet Sunday Church School teachers.
- The Christ the King Festival, our annual anniversary celebration, has activities on Christ the King weekend, the weekend before Thanksgiving. Festivities include the annual Christ the King Festival Dinner and Auction on Friday evening, along with our Service and Care Fair on both Friday evening and Sunday morning.
- Shrove Tuesday, our annual Pancake Supper before Ash Wednesday. Traditionally, this is the day people eat up all the foods they can’t have during Lent – butter, meat, eggs, and wine – and have the last big party until Easter. There are projects for the kids and dancing for everyone, and we’ll sing our last “Alleluia.”