Saturday, April 3 at noon-2:00 p.m., parking lot
Drive-thru and drop-off towels, bar soap, and nail clippers for LWR personal care kits and non-perishable food items for CCSC Emergency Services food pantries.
Most needed food items: Ready-to-eat food (granola bars, etc.), Hearty soups, Peanut butter, Boxed dry cereal, Pasta sauce, Bottled water, Canned tuna or chicken, Canned fruit (all types), Canned vegetables (all types), Crackers
Building Personal Care Kits for People Around the World
LWR Personal Care Kits – Collecting towels, soap, toothbrushes, combs, nail clippers
During Lent, CTK members will have an opportunity to assist people coping with poverty, disaster and conflict by making Lutheran World Relief’s Personal Care Kits. This simple effort provides dignity and hope in the direst situations and expresses love to our neighbors in need. Each week, please bring in the featured kit item so that we can reach out as Christ’s healing hands in the world.
- Light-weight bath-size towel (between 20” x 40” and 52” x 27”), dark color recommended
- Bath-size bars of soap equaling 8 to 9 oz., any brand, in original wrapping
- Adult-size toothbrush in its original packaging (multi-packs may be used by sealing an individual toothbrush in a business-size envelope; no plastic bags or wrap)
- Sturdy comb, remove packaging
- Metal nail clippers (attached file optional) remove packaging