Jesus’ I Am-statements
The Wednesday Lenten Vespers service will be at 7:00 p.m. in the nave, February 21 and 28, and March 7, 14, and 21. Join us for meditations on the “I am” statements of Jesus from the Gospel of John. Hearkening back to the revelation of God’s name to Moses at the site of the burning bush as “I am who I am” – or, “I will be who I am” (Exodus 3:14), Jesus uses a series of “I AM” statements to describe himself. The images he uses invite us to reflect who Jesus is for the church, the world, and us.
Daily Devotional Guide “you are the way”
The congregation is invited to make Jesus’ sayings in the Gospel of John “I am the bread of life, the light of the world, the gate, the good shepherd” and so on the theme for this year’s Lenten devotions. A devotional book you are the way with daily readings, reflections and prayers is available at church for a small donation of $2 or can be purchased electronically at Augsburg Fortress.
- February 14-17 I am the way, and the truth, and the life.
- February 18-24 I am the gate; I am the good shepherd.
- February 25-March 3 I am the light of the world.
- March 4-10 I am the true vine; I am the vine, you are the branches.
- March 11-17 I am.
- March 18-24 I am the bread of life.
- March 25-31 I am the resurrection and the life.