In gratitude and celebration of 75 years of vibrant ministry, our November Mission Offering will be a special 75th Anniversary Festival Mission Offering.
Christ the King Church is known for wonderful generosity in fulfilling our mission and call to love and serve our neighbors, especially to those most vulnerable. We fulfill that mission individually and collectively through collaboration with various ministry partners.
Due to the pandemic, we are unable to host our “normal” Christ the King Festival to celebrate our life together and raise funds for our various outreach ministries. But just because we can’t gather in-person doesn’t mean we can’t still raise funds and have fun doing it! During November we invite everyone to support our many frontline agency partners by donating generally to the Festival Mission Offering. Your donations will be distributed on an as-needed basis and according to our congregation’s commitments to our various ministry partners. Or you may designate your donations to one of the ministries below. Make a Donation. IF you would like to designate all or part of your gift to a particular recipient (see below), please send Cheryl an email with your designation instructions.
Christian Community Service Center (CCSC)
– serves the hungry, poor, homebound, disabled, unemployed, and needy through many programs: Emergency Services, Jingle Bell Express, Back to School program, Job Net, Martha’s Way and Vision Screening. Festival donations will benefit the Jingle Bell Express program, providing Christmas gifts and grocery gift cards for families in need.
SEARCH Homeless Services
– provides outreach and case management to engage homeless individuals, guide them towards change, and foster their improved health, income, and stability.
– collects, repairs and distributes bicycles to Houston’s refugee community, homeless veterans, and low-income teenagers.
– provides free temporary housing for out of town patients being treated at the Texas Medical Center.
– enables persons and congregations to provide direct services to those in need, advocate on behalf of those in need, and initiate and coordinate activities which express and fulfill shared religious values. We participate in Meals on Wheels and AniMeals programs (for seniors and their pets), as well as Interfaith Dialogues.
Houston International Seafarers Center (Port Chaplaincy)
– provides support to the chaplains at the Houston International Seafarers’ Center. We also participate in Shoeboxes for Seafarers which provides personal items and small gifts for sailors during the Christmas holidays.
– supports migrant minors with protection, advocacy, representation and more by providing emotional, spiritual, financial or physical support.
_provides summer camps and year-round retreats where people can gather worship, study, and play together.
Lutheran Disaster Response
– brings God’s hope, healing and renewal to people whose lives have been disrupted by disasters in the U.S. and around the world. When the dust settles and headlines change, LDR stays on to provide on-going assistance.
Bright Stars of Bethlehem
– supports the health, educational, cultural and spiritual development of people in Palestine through the outreach ministries of Christmas Lutheran Church in Bethlehem.