The original nave was built of Texas limestone in 1949 by the construction company owned by charter member Severin Knuteson. This photo was taken from the corner of Greenbriar and Rice. In later years, this area was paved for a parking lot.
Through the years the nave was enhanced. The photo on the left was taken on Easter, 1969.
In 1972 a pipe organ replaced the electronic one and the seating was rearranged so that the communion table was in the center of the nave.