The Ministry and Administrative Building

In 2003 Christ the King Church increased by five-fold the space of its 1955 ministry and administration building. Without changing locations or purchasing new land, the congregation constructed a new building with a basement and three floors above ground.

The basement houses two large music rehearsal spaces with hardwood floors, a large multipurpose classroom with a hardwood floor, the youth room, the vesting sacristy, and storage rooms.

On the ground level the church campus may be entered from the parking lot off Rice Boulevard or from the courtyard. The beautiful courtyard receives plenty of shade from two live oaks inviting the visitor to pause and appreciate the surroundings.  The nursery and classrooms for the youngest children are accessible from the courtyard. The way to the nave leads through the narthex, which serves as a chapel for morning prayers. The parish hall with a slate floor and wood paneling is the largest meeting space other than the nave, seating about 80 -100 people for dinner and 120 for lectures and concerts. A library/bride’s room, kitchen, and restroom facilities complement this area and make it perfect for hosting both small and large events.

The second floor includes five Sunday Church School classrooms, the council room, and a children’s library. Administration and staff offices are located on the third floor, as well as a visitor’s and a conference room.

The second floor includes five Sunday Church School classrooms, the council room and a children’s library. Administration and staff offices are located on the third floor, as well as a visitor’s and a conference room.