The congregation of Christ the King Lutheran Church invites all members and friends to gather weekly on Thursday nights at 8:30 p.m. for a Service of Compline (also Night Prayer) on the grass by the south parking lot (Greenbriar), weather permitting. Click below to find pointers here that will help us pray together and stay safe.
Instructions for Night Prayer on the Field by the Narthex Parking Lot
- Park in our main lot off Rice Boulevard, and on the Rice Stadium lot (use intercom for free parking).
- Come to the large grass field, south side of the church.
- Get a bulletin and a candle.
- Worshipers form a large semi-circle facing the narthex doors.
- Wear a mask covering mouth and nose.
- Helpers assure that we are appropriately distanced.
- Wear closed toe shoes and socks to navigate uneven grass and possible bugs.
- If seating is needed, bring your own chair. Seating for chairs is on the pavement.
- Flashlights or cell phone lights will be helpful.
- The service is led by two leaders, amplified so all can hear.
- The assembly participates in the spoken responses. Wearing a mask, soft singing is permitted.
- Restrooms will be open for emergency use only.
Be our light in the darkness, O God, and in your great mercy defend us from all perils and dangers of this night; for the love of your only Son, our Savior Jesus Christ. Amen. Night Prayer, ELW p. 326