On Wednesdays during the academic year, our congregation gathers for W@C! (Wednesdays at Church). During the weekly schedule, all children are invited to participate in music instruction, enabling them to be life-long worshipers and expressive of our thanks and praise to God through music. The children meet in sessions as follows:
- Infant Music: Infants (0-18 months) with a parent or another adult begin to discover their musical selves with movement, rhythmic and tonal exploration, and music as self-expression. The infant group meets Wednesdays (5:45-6:15) in Room 201.
- Toddler Music: Toddlers (2-3 years old) with a parent or another adult continue to discover their musical abilities. The toddlers meet Wednesdays (6:20-6:50) in Room 201.
- PreK-K Music: Preschool children (4-5 year olds) with a parent or another adult continue discovering musical gifts, especially their voices, with the help of rhythm instruments. The melodies of Christian worship are learned so that the children recognize their place in the worshiping assembly. The preschoolers meet Wednesdays (5:30-6:00) in Room 011.
- Junior Choristers: Children in kindergarten through grade 2 gather to learn the music of the church, forming a choir, and begin to develop sight-singing skills. The junior choristers vest and sing at our congregation’s Sunday worship nearly once every eight weeks and at other worship services and events of the congregation. The junior choristers are directed by Vicki Gorman and rehearse on Wednesdays (6:15-6:45) in Room 011.
- Choristers: Children in grades 3 through 6 gather to learn the music of the church, both hymns and service music, develop sight-singing skills that lead to full participation as a musician in the assembly of Christian worship. Choristers vest and sing at our congregation’s Sunday worship once a month and at other worship services and events of the congregation. The choristers are directed by Brian Glikes and rehearse on Wednesdays (6:00-7:00) in Room 001.
Children, youth, and young adults in grades 7 through 12 are invited and encouraged to participate in the adult vocal choirs of the congregation — either the Chorus or the Church Choir.
All volunteers follow Safe Haven Guidelines. This is our congregation’s policies and procedures for our volunteers working with children and youth.