Christ the King Evangelical Lutheran Church Foundation is a Non-Profit Corporation certified by the State of Texas since March 30, 1988. The Foundation is managed by a Board of Directors made up of church members elected by the congregation. They oversee a General Endowment Fund, the income from which is set aside for projects beyond the regular programs and everyday operations of the church.
Each December church members may submit grant requests to the Board to fund efforts in support of the life and work of the Congregation, such as:
- acquiring or improving real or personal property
- acquiring furnishings and equipment
- funding special programs within the Congregation or in its mission to its community
- supporting a new program or staff member to begin or continue a program which would in time be fully supported by the Congregation.
Members may contribute to the Endowment directly or by naming the Foundation as an heir in their wills or as a beneficiary on their insurance policy. Thrivent for Lutherans can provide further information on insurance policies that provide matching funds when the church is named beneficiary. Please contact the church office for additional information about contributions.
Past projects funded by the Endowment:
- Scholarships for seminary students
- Houston Lutheran Campus Ministry
- Godly Play Teacher Training
- Youth trip to Peru
- Bach Society CD Assistance
- Prayer Shawl Ministry