Can’t come to camp in La Grange or Galveston? Lutherhill will be coming to Christ the King Church to have summer camp in Houston. The Lutherhill staff will come and lead a full day camp from 8:00 a.m. to 3:30 p.m. Cost is $40 per child.
Here are a few highlights:
- Jump Start – Kick off the morning with high energy songs, games, and a skit to introduce the theme for the day!
- Bible Study – Campers will begin Bible study as a large community then split apart into small groups to discuss, read the daily Bible story, and participate in activities to further explore the theme!
- Lutherhill Gauntlet – Test your physical, mental, and creative skills in daily challenges!
- Creation Station – Campers will use many different mediums throughout the week to inspire imagination and create works of art that tie into the daily themes.
- Sing-a-long – The Lutherhill team will teach and lead a variety of camps songs as the entire community gets to “make a joyful noise” together!
- Community lunch and turtle time – Turtle time is a rest period in which campers get to kick back and watch a movie or play quiet games to get out of the sun during the hottest part of the day.
- Service Learning – Campers will receive hands-on learning experiences to discover more about Lutherhill’s Daily Bread Project and about how they are called to serve others!
- Post Study Bonanza – This is a time to gather as a community and for each village to share with one another what they have learned during the day in skit, song, or another creative format.
- All-camp games – Play a fun camp game together as a whole community!
- Closing Worship – This is a time of God-focused celebration, including songs, prayers, scripture readings, and a camper-based message centered on the daily theme!